Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to successfully perform the following:
Implement and maintain effective management, planning, and cost control systems
- Monitor the projects fiscal, administrative, personnel, procurement, warehousing, and office services
- Advise management of developments that may affect project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations
- Review and approve master schedules, estimates and all updates.
- Identify and evaluate risks that may have an impact on the project
- Maintain effective contingency plans for potential problems concerning labor activity, fire, storms, etc.
- Responsible for obtaining all required licenses for construction
- Review and approve construction operation plans
- Implement and maintain an effective quality control process
- Administer contracts in accordance with policies and procedures for the maximum benefit of the company
- Determine construction staffing requirements in cooperation with management
- Provide support and guidance for the personal and professional development of project personnel
- Establish and maintain communications to ensure accurate and timely flow of information
- Approve and issue monthly status reports to keep executive management and ownership informed on construction progress, direct and indirect construction costs and forecasts as well as other activities that are a part of the work
- Participate in business development activities and promote productive client relationships
- Responsible to ensure job status reports are properly reviewed with project team prior to issuance
- Prepare and publish the project completion report including the evaluation of all subcontractors
- Assist with conceptual estimating, budgeting and pricing as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and 8-10 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules, and safety required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, customer driven environment
- Must possess superior organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Timberline Project Management software, scheduling and job costing software, and Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work and achieve results on time with minimal guidance or direction and be accountable/conscious of costing
- Flexible in approach and problem-solving ability; able to embrace challenges and resolve
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and put the Project Manager in the subject.